I didn’t see a sub-forum for all of those newbie questions that keep getting asked over and over again, so I’ll go ahead and post my question here. If there is such a sub-forum, perhaps it could be added to the robot introduction-to-the-forums that I just completed.
In most games, we’re used to instant gratification. I wind up my new plane, send it on its route, and 30 second later I hear the clink-clink-clink of coins. Not so with AE, of course, because this is real-time and I understand that patience is necessary.
I started about 12 hours ago so perhaps it takes a day or two to get rolling. Thus far, I have flown zero passengers. Here’s my setup. Can you kind folks please tell me if I have missed something:
My current airline awareness is 4.29%
I have five routes configured. Below, I’ve drilled down into the details for one of them.
- All gates at all destinations have been leased
- Aircraft has configurations (i.e. seats) and IFE (i.e. meals) set
- Route flies every day
- Route awareness is 1.07% (If I’m reading that correctly)
- This is an overnight flight, which departs Asia at 18:00 and arrives North America at 11:30
- Flight then departs North America at 15:00 and arrives Asia 16:30.
- Airline marketing spend is about $1.5m per week
- Route marketing is $25,000 per week each way
- Route demand is high. My reputation Low. Ticket Price Average. Competition Low
Have I done everything or did I miss something?
Or does it just take several days (possibly weeks) until my airline’s route awareness builds up high enough?