Two new cost categories have been implemented and added to your income statement:
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Travel and Lodging
These new costs are calculated and deducted each Friday along with payroll and the rest of the weekly costs. They are calculated based on a percentage of the employee’s salary, as described below:
- 40% of the salary for ramp agents
- 50% of the salary for all other employees
Travel and Lodging
- 15% of the salary for executives
- 10% of the salary for corporate
- 50% of the salary for flight crew and cabin crew
As an effort to curb exponential growth we are determining what costs exist in the real world that are not yet reflected in the game, and employee benefits and lodging costs are a significant human resources cost, especially in the airline industry. Flight and cabin crew will stay in hotels overnight depending on their schedules, and executives and corporate employees will travel to attend events, meet with suppliers or customers, and so on.
These new costs go into effect next Friday, October 18th.